Many Harvested Asian Pears Now

   We have many harvested  Asian pears for sale now.  I've harvested over 800 pounds of them in the last 2 weeks, and am still harvesting them each morning.  We grow 'Shinko' Asian pears, a russet-skinned variety that has the most resistance to fire blight (a disease that kills pear trees) of any Asian pear variety.  'Shinko' Asian pears are deliciously sweet, very crunchy and very juicy, and keep 6 months in the fridge.  They're great for fresh eating (very refreshing on hot days), salads and stir-fry dishes.

'Shinko' Asian pears are deliciously sweet, very crunchy & very refreshing on hot days. I eat 2 every day with my lunch.
   I'll start harvesting two European pear varieties, 'Harrow Sweet' and 'Shenandoah', later this week, and we'll have some for sale from about Sept. 4 until mid-Oct. 

   I harvest all pears and Asian pears.  We do NOT allow customers to pick pears or Asian pears. 

   I've just started harvesting a few early apple varieties from my apple breeding program, and we'll have small amounts of these for sale over the next few weeks.

   We still have many harvested #1 and #2 'Gold Rush' and 'Enterprise' apples for sale, that were harvested last Nov. and Dec. and kept in cold storage.  However, many people have bought these apples lately, and it takes time for me to sort and pack more, so call 620-597-2450 a day or more ahead to order them if you'll want more than a few pounds.

   Harvested pears, Asian pears and apples all sell for $1.48 per pound + sales tax for #1 fruit with no damage.  I sort and pack apples and Asian pears into bags in boxes that I weigh to 20 pounds, so if you get a 20-pound box of #1 apples or Asian pears you save $1.00.  We also have some nice #2 fruit, with some surface scarring but no internal damage, that sells for just $1.18 per pound + sales tax.

   Our pick-your-own apple season starts in mid-late Sept., as shown under Crop Sales Seasons in the left sidebar, when 'Enterprise' apples start ripening.

We're open these hours now until Dec. 15.

   From now until Dec. 15, we're open the hours shown in the left sidebar.  We are open these hours all during Labor Day weekend, as we are every year. 

   These open hours give me time to harvest tree fruits before customers start coming each day.   If I'm still harvesting fruit when you arrive in the morning, ring the bell on the sales building VERY LOUDLY.

If I'm still harvesting fruit when you arrive in the morning, ring the bell VERY LOUDLY.
   With highs of 100 F each afternoon, it's too hot to sort and pack apples in the sales building, with no air conditioning.  So I work on the computer in the house each afternoon, and put a sign on the sales building saying to call the house for service.

On very hot afternoons, I work on the computer in the house, so phone me. 
   As always, we take cash or checks for payment, but NO credit cards or debit cards, and no phone "apps".  We don't use a smart phone, and have no phone line to the sales building.  So please bring your checkbook or enough cash to cover the amount of fruit you want to buy.  Thanks.